Ireland is one of the best education systems in the world
• No country can choose its history or its geographic location. Ireland’s past and its position on the planet provide
a inimitable lens to view the world, attracting researchers, visiting lecturers, academics, students, and
practitioners from around the globe, who seek a frame of reference that is different from their own. Ireland’s
centers of excellence in these fields have real credibility – academically and in practice.
BENEFIT from Ireland’s investment in the education system
• The Irish Government invests over 782 million annually in research in Ireland’s higher education institutions. The
impact of this funding is that Ireland’s higher education institutions now lead the world in an increasing number of
• 5000+ internationally recognized qualifications
World-class research opportunities
• Irish universities are in the top 1% of research institutions in the world in terms of research impact in 19 fields,
spanning natural sciences, social sciences and the humanities. This creates a unique opportunity for you at
undergraduate and postgraduate level to join research programs that are driving innovation and changing lives
• Ireland is also where some of the world’s biggest and best companies have located key strategic research
facilities. And in Ireland, you’ll find a unique ecosystem that sees academic researchers working hand-in-hand
with small home-grown and start-up companies in partnership with some of the most powerful multinationals in
Option to CONNECT with reputed international companies
• Europe’s most entrepreneurial country:
• According to the 2014 Global Entrepreneurship Monitor report, Ireland is now the second most entrepreneurial of
the top 15 countries in Europe, with increasing numbers of people, especially women, starting new businesses.
• According to the World Bank, Ireland is fourth in the world for the availability of skilled labor and openness to new
ideas; sixth for labor productivity seventh for the availability of financial skills; and seventh for the flexibility and
adaptability of people.
English speaking country
• In spite of a EU Nation, English is the widely spoken language of Ireland.
One of the friendliest and safest countries in the world
• In 2010, Lonely Planet named Ireland the most friendly country in the world.
• The Global Peace Index rates 158 nations worldwide on measures such as conflict, safety and security in society
and militarization. In 2014, it ranked Ireland the 13th most peaceful place on Earth.
• In 2013, the OECD put Ireland in the top ten in its Better Life Index. In general, Irish people were more satisfied
with their lives and had more positive experiences in a typical day than the OECD average. What’s more, the
Irish scored second highest in the OECD for citizens volunteering time, giving money and helping a stranger.
• Ireland’s Higher Education Institutions are absolutely committed to ensuring that visiting students settle in to their
new environment and have all the information needed for an enjoyable stay. All our higher education institutions
have a designated staff member to whom international students can turn for any assistance.